1 cup unsalted butter or unsalted margarine*
8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips, or bars, cut into bite-size chunks
5 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
Pinch of salt
4 teaspoons flour
8 extra-large paper muffin cups (or use regular paper muffin cups, which will make 12 cakes)
1 (6 ounce) container raspberries
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 toffee crunch
1. Melt butter and chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water; remove from heat.
2. Beat eggs, sugar and salt with a hand mixer in a medium bowl until sugar dissolves. Beat egg mixture into chocolate until smooth. Beat in flour until just combined. (Batter can be made a day ahead; return to room temperature an hour or so before baking.)
3. Before serving dinner, adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 450 degrees.
4. Line a standard-size muffin tin (1/2 cup capacity) with 8 extra-large muffin papers. Spray muffin papers with vegetable cooking spray. Divide batter among muffin cups.
5. Bake until batter puffs but center is not set, 8 to 10 minutes. Carefully lift cakes from tin and set upside down on dessert plate. Slowly pull papers away from cakes.
6. Top each with powdered sugar, raspberry or any garnish you wish and serve immediately.
Results: 8 decadent chocolate cakes