i know this isn't my usual wedding wednesday post but the next best thing from besides talking about weddings, it talking about cookies, chocolate peanut butter cookies no less. i whipped this recipe up a few weeks back while matt was out of town and then promptly gave all of them away before i could eat them all (i have a wedding dress to fit into don't forget!) but i did manage to get
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies.
Yields: 3 dozen (enough to share!!)
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups peanut butter chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix flour, cocoa, soda and salt using a wire whisk and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream together softened butter, sugar and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla to creamed mixture and mix until fully combined.
4. Slowly add flour mixture to creamed mixture and mix until combined. Once combined stir in peanut butter chips.
5. Roll cookie dough into 1-1/4 inch balls and place on baking sheet.
6. Bake for 10 minutes. Cookies will still be soft but will set up as they cool. Place cookies on cookie rack to cool.
*recipe adapted from the girl who ate everything