Flaming Filet Mignon
2 (8-ounce) filet mignon steaks
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 ounces brandy
1. Season the filets with a little salt and pepper.
2. Heat a skillet over medium-high until the pan is hot then drizzle with olive oil.
3. Place the filets into the pan and cook to medium-rare, about 5 to 7 minutes per side.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and pour brandy into the skillet. Carefully tilt skillet towards the flame to flambe.
5. When the flames burn off, remove the filets from the pan.
6.Remove butter from freezer and cut 4 thin coins and place one on each filet. Serve steaks while hot.
1 stick butter, softened
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 bunch chives, left whole
1. Place butter into a mixing bowl, season with salt and pepper and stir until blended and soft.
2. Add diced chives and stir until combined.
3. Take a 12-inch piece of plastic wrap and lay it on the counter. Spoon the butter out onto the center of the plastic wrap.
4. Pull the edge over the butter mixture, and tightly pinch the ends, then holding the plastic wrap tightly at each end, pull the mixture towards you. This should create a tight sausage shape. (or imagine rolling a sushi roll).
5. Tie a knot on both ends of the butter roll and place into the freezer until you are ready to place it on top of your cooked filet.
*Recipe adapted from Food Network.com images captured by caitlin.marie