matt is also a fan of cheese and jalapenos. so when clearly last week when i was thinking of recipes to make for the super bowl i knew i couldn't leave out the must needed pigs in a blanket but i wanted to put a spin on the old classic.
i don't know why i didn't think of it sooner, especially consider matt's second love (chili cheese dogs) but luckily for me the amazing cooker/baker behind evil shenanigans thought of it for me. wrapping cheese inside your pigs in a blanket!!
so with high expectations i wrapped my pigs in a blanket with cheese and diced jalapeno's and in the oven they went. and out game these amazing treats, a perfect spin on a favorite classic. now its got me thinking, what else can i wrap up with my pigs? enjoy!
Jalapeno Pigs in a Blanket.
1 package miniature cocktail wieners
1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 large jalapeno, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 package Pillsbury crescent rolls
1. Heat the oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
2. Pat the hot dogs dry with a towel. With a paring knife cut a small slit into each dog, making sure not to cut all the way through.
3. In a small bowl combine the cheese, paprika, and jalapenos. Stuff each hot dog with the cheese mixture.
4. Open crescent rolls onto a lightly floured surface. cut each triangle in half.
5. Wrap each dog in the dough and pinch the seams closed. Place on the prepared baking sheet and brush with the beaten egg. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, or until they are golden brown and puffed. Cool for five minutes before serving.