yesterday, we hosted a post st. patrick's day feast with corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, and beer bread. i have loved "fall apart meat" aka corned beef since i was a child and take full advantage of st. patty's day as a reason to make an irish meal with all the works.
this year, i decided to not only make the normal fixings, but also opted to make a loaf of beer bread. i was hesitant, and wasn't sure how it would come out. but i shocked myself. it came out amazing, so good in fact it is worth sharing with you all! amazingly crusty outside, soft and moist inside. perfection. enjoy!
3 cups self-rising flour
1/2 cup sugar
12 ounces beer (whatever you have handy, i went with fat tire since it is more hoppy)
3 tablespoons melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Spray 9x5 loaf pan with Pam or similar non-stick spray and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and beer and mix well. The mixture should be sticky.
4. Pour dough into the loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes, followed by melted better over top of the dough.
5. Bake for 55 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool.