i am always looking for easy sweet treats that taste great but are made up of staple ingredients that i always have on hand. because who wants to run out to buy ingredients when you have to be somewhere in an hour and need to bring something with you?
brownies and bars are great because you just mix of the batter, throw it in a baking dish and into the oven it goes. ok maybe it isn't that simple, but you get the idea.
i love blondies because they aren't as every day/run of the mill as brownies but are just as simple. when i see brownies 90% of the time i assume they are made from box mix, which hey is fine, we all have done it. but when you see blondies for some odd reason people just assume homemade, that the person took the added effort to make them.
so my advice make blondies! need a recipe? well i got you covered! enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Pecan Blondies.
recipe adapted from once upon a chef
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray, then line the pan with an 8×11-inch piece of parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides. Spray the paper with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, beat melted butter with sugars until well combined, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. On low speed, mix in flour and salt until just blended (do not overmix or blondies will be tough). Gently stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
4. Bake 25-30 minutes, until top is lightly golden and toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean (ignore any melted chocolate).
5. Set pan on a wire rack and let cool completely. Using the parchment overhang, lift blondie cake from the pan and transfer to a cutting board; cut into 16 squares.