normally, prior to guests coming to visit i stock up on lots of food and alcohol (we love our alcohol) but since right after the wedding we are leaving for a 10 day honeymoon,so i am hesitant to go buy an excessive amount of food that will most likely go bad while we are gone.
don't worry guests, we will feed you...maybe...
well to be honest.....i am not making any promises....
but seriously, i may not feed my guests real but i will bake you cinnamon swirl banana bread to try to distract you from the fact that our cabinets are bare and our fridge only contains beer and wine (see not all bad). why muffins? well everyone loves banana bread, i had all the ingredients handy, and it freezes well. so before we jet off for sunshine and sand, the leftover bread can go in the freezer, for me to come home to when i return. yum. enjoy!
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread.
Yields: 1 loaf of deliciousness
For the bread:
3 over-ripe bananas, smashed up
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
dash of salt
1 1/2 cups flour
For the swirl:
1/3 cup sugar
1 Tbs cinnamonries
1. Preheat oven to 350. Butter and four a loaf pan. Mine was 9 x 5, but you could use any sort, I suppose. Just keep a close eye on it in the oven, and adjust the time as needed.
2. Mix bananas, butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla together. sprinkle baking soda and salt around on top of the banana mixture. Then gently stir in flour. Be careful not to over-mix!
3. In a small dish, mix together the 1/3 cup sugar and 1 tablespoons cinnamon.
4. Add 1/2 of the batter to the loaf pan and then sprinkle half, or a little more than half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture all over the batter in the pan. Add the rest of the batter, and then sprinkle the leftover cinnamon-sugar on top.
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes, but remember, if you’re using a different-sized loaf pan, be careful and keep a close eyeball on it!
*Recipe and photo from Lovin' From the Oven