happy first official day of summer!! not that it hasn't felt like summer for the past few weeks with temperatures well into the 100s. but i am always up for an excuse to have an afternoon summery cocktail, so why not celebrate summers arrival.
and what better way to celebrate summer than grilling?
Tuscan Grilled Chicken.
2 gloves garlic
1 tablespoon fresh sage
1/2 tablespoon fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more if you like a kick)
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
4 8-oz bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves (chicken breasts work too)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 cups flour
1. In a food processor, pulse the garlic, sage, rosemary, pepper flakes, 1 1/2 Tbs. salt and 1 tsp pepper until finely chopped. Add olive oil and blend until completely combined.
2. In a large food safe plastic bag place chicken, pour marinade mixture into bag until chicken completely covered.
3. Refrigerate chicken until ready to cook (1-8 hours, but no longer)
4. Prepare a gas or charcoal grill fire for direct grilling over medium heat. (350 degrees F)
5. Arrange the breasts skin side down on the grill, diagonally (for the pretty grill lines!)
6. Grill (covered if using a gas grill) until the skin is crisp and golden brown, 16-20 minutes or until cooked through.
*Recipe adapted from Fine Cooking Magazine